I know my way around the kitchen and I cook at least 4 days a week. Nothing like hot homemade food coming off and out of a hot stove but I give myself a pass on Saturdays but I still want to eat healthy so this is on today’s menu and I wanted to share.
Sub out any of these ingredients and the thing I like about this presentation is that you can nibble off this all day.
- Kale, Spinach, Lettuce or a nice mix (I am doing spinach)
- Eggs (boil)
- Cucumber (slice)
- Red sweet tomatoes (slice)
- Swiss cheese (slice)
- Avocados (slice)
- Red Onion (slice)
- Sliced Roast beef, corn beef, salami, Turkey (Sandwich meat of your choice)
- Sandwich Bread (I am going for honey oat)
- Dressing of your choice and of course some MAYO!
- Adding bacon!
- Adding black olives
- Adding olive oil drizzle
- Adding a dash of crushed black pepper
Layer your sandwich, make a side salad and enjoy your Saturday with a good book, good music and its always a great time for some red wine!
-Recipes Auspicious Living Magazine